Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Fun plus a Freebie!

It's been a very busy summer around here.  That's what I get with two busy girls and being busy myself by nature.  I'll give you a little personal update and then some crafty fun, too!

We had a wonderful trip to visit my parents at the end of May and beginning of June.  My mom is doing about was well as can be expected as she enters hosipce care.  She continues to have such a wonderful attitude about live and the trials that have come her way.  We are hoping to get back up to see them very soon.  As we were getting ready to leave to return home, Mom, Samantha and I were sitting on the sofa together getting a last minute snuggle in.  I snapped this picture of our hands with the camera on my phone.

After that, we only had a week at home before I was off to a week of Girls Camp.  What was my assignment at Camp?  Crafts, of course!  My favorite project was the felt hair bows we made.


What else have we been up to?  Hmm... Here are a few pictures:
Samantha helped me can for the first time.  We made lots of pints of apricot Jam.  She was thrilled to be trusted with a knife!

We went to the zoo presentation at the library.  It's been fun to find free things to do there this summer!
Their favorite animal was the hedgehog.  Good thing they aren't legal to own as pets in AZ or we'd probably have one now.  He was so cute!
Honestly, could you say no to that face?
Today's fun was the girls deciding to take over one of the tables in my studio for their own purposes.  I didn't mind since it meant they had to clean everything off of it and put it away for me.  I'm the worst at cleaning up from my own projects!

So, those are the highlights!  How about some crafty stuff, now?

I just finished uploading a new 6 for $6 Grab Bag to the store!  Yippee!!  This one is titled Summer Road Trip!  Guess that's been on my mind in more ways than one.  Since we are all trying to save money by driving instead of flying, why not save a few bucks and get a great collection of designs to scrapbook all about your trip?   This grab bag includes two Itty Bitty collections, a set of Journal Spots, two Background Cuts and a Road Trip Flag Banner!  That's a whole lotta cuts for just six bucks.

Here's a bonus for you... until the end of August, you can get my design Background Cuts - Road Sign 2 for free when you buy the Summer Road Trip 6 for $6 Grab Bag.  Cha-ching!  I love saving money!

Make sure you put both of these designs in your cart before your check out in order to get the Road Sign 2 design!



That's not all I have for you today!  I've got a fun freebie for you since you managed to read all the way down here.  Independence Day is on it's way.  Here are a set of cupcake wrappers you can use for all those cook outs you know are coming up!  This design will be available for free this week only.  Then it will go up into the store.


Boring but Important Legal Stuff: My terms of use are included in each zipped download. If you have any questions about how you may use this file, please read it. By clicking to download the file, you are agreeing to abide by the terms. If you'd like to share it, please don't. Rather, send your friends a link to this blog post. Once it's no longer available as a freebie, you might be tempted to share it with someone. Please don't! 'Nuf said! 

Click to download your favorite file format:

SORRY!  This freebie has expired.  Look for it in the Sam & Hailey Designs Store soon!

Time to get crafty, people!

12 comments:

Pam S said...

Thanks Jan.

Paula said...

Thanks for the file! And your post is awesome, so much fun...Girls are having a blast :)

Jun Bug House said...

Thank you so much.
Prayers for your mom and the girls gramma.
Love the picture.
It will be a treasure for years and years to come.
May God's blessings be on you all.
**U**
Nance

bzyPTmom said...

Thanks Jan! Love all your photos, I'm going to have to get the grab bag, it's a great deal. I'll keep your Mom in my prayers.

Anna said...

Thanks so much Jan. As always great files!!!

doodlingdebbie said...

Thank you Jan for sharing these super nice cupcake wrappers. It was nice seeing you on the forum today but even nicer to come here for a look around. You and your girls look like you all have so much fun. :-)

Tine said...

Love the photo with your mother's hands & I am sure she knows she is treasured. I am not an American citizen but I thank you for these fab cupcake wrappers just the same. Thank you for sharing with everyone.

Tine (Addie24)

Trisha said...

My grand daughters and I have been crafting this summer, and my grown daughter is finally starting to can. I have been canning for years, but she was never interested until now. So fun to see you and your daughters doing those things together while they are still so young. Thank you for sharing the cupcake wrapper file.

snowdraak said...

Thanks for the great file.

TonyaKaye said...

Mmmmmmmm. The jam looks wonderful. What a wonderful thing to pass on to your kids. Thank you for the file.

Annette said...

very cute, Jan - thanks so much!!!

Tina Campbell said...

Love that picture! Thoughts are with your family and looks like you all are having a fantastic summer so far

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...