Thursday, November 3, 2011

Color Swatch Thursday: New England Autumn

With the crazy weather that's going on back in New England this year, can I say that I'm sad we moved away?  Nope.  Sorry.  I do miss my friends and family back there, though.  I sure hope everyone get's power back soon.  If not, just come on out here for a visit!

I always said that Autumn in New England was my favorite time of year.  I love when there's a bite of cold in the air.  You can smell the wood stoves and fireplaces start up and everything just has the promise of warmth and coziness.  Plus, with the holidays right around the corner, what's there not to love about Autumn?

One of my favorite things was leaf crunching.  You know, going for a walk and crunching every dried leaf on the ground along the way?

This week's color swatch is: New England Autumn


I came across this photo a couple of weeks back as I was reminiscing about Autumn in New England.  I love how the camera captured the vibrance of the time.  With most of the leaves on the ground you can see the grey-blue of the tree trunks.  It always cracked me up to be driving down a road I'd traveled before and realize there are several houses back in the woods that I never knew were there.

This palette is a little non-traditional, and that's what I like about it.  You've got the brown, orange and tan in there, but a little punch of subdued turquoise along with a big punch of bright green thrown in as well.  Perfect for some contemporary fall crafting projects.

Feeling inspired yet?

Time to get crafty, people!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...