Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trendwatch Tuesday: Baker's Twine

Okay, my goal is to keep the blabbing to a minimum today.  I know, you've heard that from me before.  I'm skeptical, too.  Let's just jump right in and see how it goes, shall we?

Today's Trendwatch is: Baker's Twine

Baker's Twine is HUGE right now!  Did you check my previous post on how to make a reasonable facsimile of Baker's Twine?  Well, don't forget to do that before you go.  It's the post right before this one.  EDITED TO ADD: Be sure to see tomorrow's post for a different method!

Baker's twine is the new "ribbon equivalent" of today.  I think it's taken the place of all those fuzzy fibers that used to be so popular.  It's much more in line with the vintage-hip feel of today's crafting community.

There are several places that make Baker's Twine.  A lot of crafting companies have hopped on the twine-wagon to put out twines that coordinate with their other products.  That's so nice of them!

Of the companies that exclusively manufacture Baker's Twine, my favorites are: The Twinery, Twisted Sugar Twine,  and Whisker Graphics {not exclusively twine but has a big selection}.

What I really like about all three of these fantastic places are their fantastic blogs with endless inspiration!  Here's just a sampling of things I saw on all three:
A tutorial from The Twinery on making tiny pom-poms from Baker's Twine.
Also from The Twinery, a twine cherry!  Cute!
Once again from The Twinery, twine grass!
From Whisker Graphics, check out this awesome Halloween Wreath!  That would take a LOT of twine, my friends!
A very pretty wrapped vase from Whisker Graphics.
Wrap up a die-cut instructions at Twisted Sugar Twine.
String Art with Baker's Twine from Twisted Sugar Twine.
Lastly, a cute idea for a woven background from Twisted Sugar Twine.

I hope you enjoyed a little inspiration about Baker's Twine!  It makes me want to buy some in every color!  Don't forget to check out the Make Your Own Baker's Twine post below.  It's not the same, but it's pretty cute, anyway!  I've posted a couple of my recent projects that use Baker's Twine below, too.  I'm thinking there will be quite a few more coming!

Time to get crafty, people!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...