Friday, September 30, 2011

Repost from 2.4.09 - Perpetual Calendar

This is a repost of my February 4th, 2009 blog post on my old blog.  I want to save some of my more important blog posts before the old blog goes away.  Hey, I think it's good enough to share twice!

I finished up my Perpetual Calendar yesterday! I'm so excited about it! I have tons of pictures to share, so be prepared! Before I post all the pictures, let me explain how it works. The calendar is divided into sections... imagine a rectangular page that you've sliced into strips. The first section, the largest piece, is for the Month. There are 12 Month pages, obviously. The other three sections are the same size. The next section is for the day of the week and there are seven of these... Sunday - Saturday. The last two sections are the date numbers. The first date section contains only the numbers 1-3 and a blank for the first nine days of the month. The second date section is the last section of the calendar and contain numbers 1-9 with a zero at the end. Each day you flip up the next number and day of the week! There is a front and back cover as well, with ribbons that I used to tie the covers into a little A-Frame stand.

What I love about this project?

1) I scrapped a whole years worth of photos which I haven't done in ages.
2) I designed and cut almost every decorative element myself.
3) I used some of my favorite products.
4) Everything I used was already in my stash... scary, I know!
5) I actually accomplished something tangible!
6) I photographed each part before I assembled it.  Then I printed the pages again on photo paper and made copies of the calendar for the Grandparents and for Daddy's desk at work!  Awesome Christmas Gift!

Without further ado.... here's my calendar entitled "A year with Sam & Hailey!" Click on any image to see a larger version.

Supply notes:
All numbers from my file "Itty Bitty Funky Numbers"
Weekday abbreviations and letters from my file "Itty Bitty Weekdays"
Months from my file "Itty Bitty Months"
All frames from my "Background Cuts" line of files.
All paper from BasicGrey
All cardstock from Bazzill Basics
All flowers from Prima
All other files and supplies as noted below
Brad: SEI; File: Itty Bitty Swirls







Ribbon: All My Memories

Here are close up photos of the Months pages.  I love that they are mini scrabook pages!

The months:

Snowflake from Itty Bitty Snowflakes

Heart with Wings from Itty Bitty Sweetheart

Flower from Itty Bitty Flowers, brad from SEI
Boot from Itty Bitty Cowboy

Flower garland from Itty Bitty Fairy, brads from Making Memories

Photo Turns from Itty Bitty Photo Turns, brads from Making Memories

Anchor from Itty Bitty Pirate, brad from Hot Off the Press

Apple from Itty Bitty Fruit

Leaves from Itty Bitty Autumn Leaves

Crown from Itty Bitty Princess; Star from Itty Bitty Cowboy; Jewel Flower from Heidi Swapp

Ribbon slide from Itty Bitty Buckles, Ribbon from All My Memories

Gingerbread boy from Itty Bitty Christmas Sweets, Jewels from Heidi Swapp

Here are close-ups of the other tabs! Remember you can click on any image for a closer look.

The days of the week:

Jewels: Heidi Swapp; File: Insides of Background Cuts collection files.

Brad: SEI; File: Insides of Background Cuts collection files

File: Insides of Background Cuts collection files

The first digit of the date:


Brad: SEI; Jewel: Heidi Swapp; Files: Insides of Background Cuts collection files, Itty Bitty Swirls


Brads: Making Memories; Ribbon: All My Memories; Ribbon Sliders: Colorbok; File: Itty Bitty Fairy

The second digit of the date:


Jewels: Heidi Swapp; Brads: Colorbok, Hot Off The Press; Fabric Flower Stickers: SEI; Chipboard and Acrylic Flowers: Heidi Swapp; File: Itty Bitty Charms

Brads: Colorbok, SEI; Eyelets: Making Memories; Fabric Flower and Tab: SEI; Ribbon: All My Memories; File: Itty Bitty Bookplates

Ribbon Slider Brad: Bazzill; Brads: Hot Off The Press; Ribbon: All My Memories; Jewel: Heidi Swapp; Metal Tab: Colorbok
Chipboard and Acrylic Hearts: Heidi Swapp; Spiral Clip: Colorbok; Brads: Hot Off The Press; Metal Tab: Colorbok; File: Itty Bitty Bookplates

I'm hoping this will inspire someone else out there to do something different!!

Linked at:
Tip Junkie handmade projects


get your craft on button






Thanks for playing!

3 comments:

Barracudasue said...

Your girls are SO gorgeous and SO photogenic! Absolutely LOVE the perpetual calendar. I need to work on this for Clay! :D Thanks for re-posting this fabulous calendar! :)

Hope Sewell said...

Too Cute!!! Found you on Tip Junkie!!
www.hopesewell.com

Jann Schott said...

WOWZA! This is just awesome and beautiful! I'm sure your family was amazed to get this as a present.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...