Today I've got a project to share with you. I know, normally I post projects on Wednesdays but I didn't get this one done in time for Wednesday. I didn't think you'd mind too much. I've got a tutorial for it, too!
Today's project is... All-Occasion Countdown Blocks!
I've seen a lot of countdown blocks for Christmas and I think they are awesome! I wanted to make some, but I didn't want to just limit them to Christmas. After all that work, why put them away for most of the year! These are All-Occasion Countdown Blocks. I made them black and white so there wouldn't be any particular event or holiday associated with the color scheme. I added the words "Day's until..." on the base block. Then I glued a small $1 drawer pull from the hardware store next to it. A tag with the word Christmas is hung it from the drawer pull! Easy and cute. Plus it uses Mod Podge which I'm slightly addicted to.
I'm seeing countdowns to birthdays, summer vacation, other holidays, visits from Grandma, etc. in our future!
All-Occasion Countdown Blocks
2 - 2" Wooden Cubes
1 - 2"x4"x1" Wooden Block
Die cut letters and numbers or stickers
1. First, paint your blocks. If you want, you can just paint the outside edges of the cubes. The paper is going to cover the rest, so you can save some paint. The base piece will need to be painted all over.
3. Mod Podge the paper on to each side.
One cube will have the following numbers on it:
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The other cube will have these numbers on it:
0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8
Note: Make sure your number 6 can double as a 9 when it's turned upside down.
6. Finish off all the blocks with a thin coat of Mod Podge.
7. Glue a small drawer pull on next to the letters on the base.
8. Create tags to hang off the drawer pull for your favorite holidays, events, birthdays, etc.
Here's a portable version of this tutorial for you. Hope you enjoyed it!
Don't go yet! There's still a chance to win free stuff! I've decided to give away more copies of my complete set of 12 Days of Christmas Tags. Be sure and enter by commenting on each day!
Here are the prizes:
1) Three Prizes: The whole set of 12 Days of Christmas Tags
2) $10 gift code to Sam & Hailey Designs
3) $10 Michaels Gift Card
4) The December VDBC Grab Bag (or a $7 gift code to Sam & Hailey Designs if you have already purchased it)
How can you win them? On the 12th Day (that will be the 23rd for our little blog-fest) I'll hold a drawing for each one of the prizes (that's
Today's comment requirement:
Leave a comment with an idea of how to countdown to Christmas Day! It can be something you do each year or just something you've seen.
Be sure to include some way to contact you in case you win the drawing (for example, your VDBC forum name, your email address, etc.). If you don't, I might not be able to get your prize to you!
Check back tomorrow to see what we have in store for you on the 7th day. I'm hosting and it will be right here! And yes, you'll definitely be able to download some swans a-swimming!
Time to get crafty, people!