Thursday, October 6, 2011

Color Swatch Thursday: Vintage Halloween

It's Color Swatch Thursday, everybody!  Woooooo!  I guess I'm the only one celebrating around here.  Except the dog.  He's thrilled.  Speaking of the worlds tiniest and cutest dog, Bandit got a new Halloween costume the other day.  The girls convinced me to buy it.  They didn't have to work to hard since it's perfect for him.  Doesn't he look excited to be wearing it?
At least his tail isn't between his legs, right?  The ears though... they say, "Mommy, how could you do this to me?"  and, "Get it off, get it off!"  Alas, I made him wear it for a while. He hardly moved.  Not that he moves much in the afternoon's anyway.  Sleeping is his usual habit.  He walked slowly and rather stiff-leggedly up to me and plead for me to take it off.  So I did.  I guess he's not used to wearing clothes.  Poor guy.  Halloween will be humiliating for him!  But, come on!  Isn't that the cutest skeleton outfit?  I love the candy corns and doggy biscuits inside.  The only thing that would make it more perfect for Bandit would be if there were Barbie hands and feet in there, too.  That's his favorite.

On to the color swatches!

This weeks color swatch is: Vintage Halloween

You are correct, I simply cannot get enough of vintage inspired Halloween.  Normally I take my own photos for the color swatches, but this time I was inspired by someone else's work.  I was browsing Pinterest the other day and came across this absolutely gorgeous photo.  After clicking through to the lovely website Poetic Home, I wrote and asked the photographer, Grace, for her permission to use her photo with credit, of course.  She graciously agreed and a color swatch was born!  Thank you so much, Poetic Home, for sharing your work with us!



What do I love about this swatch set?  I love the substitution of Dark Brown and Navy for the traditional Black.  Add in the muted oranges and I'm as in love as those two pumpkins!

Feel like making something with this color swatch set?  Feel free to post it on your blog and leave a link in the comments section below.

Time to get crafty, people!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...