Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Re-Post from 6.24.08 - Vintage Girls

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

Today was one of my favorite days... Mommy Play Date Day! Two of my friends and their kids come over and we just work on whatever projects we've got going on. Sometimes we don't get much done but it's really fun to just hang out with some adults for a while! And the kids just love to play together! Today I've been working on some silhouettes of the girls.

I started with these two pictures I took of the girls:




I manipulated the photos in Photoshop a little bit to make the outline nice and clean and then I traced them in Illustrator. After cleaning up the tracing line a ton, I stylized their hair a bit and their shoulder profiles. I cut the out on my Klic-N-Kut and take a look:


 

I love how they turned out! Now I just have to find some frames to put them in and find a good place to hang them!

Here's a Parenting/Hailey story for you. Yesterday, Hailey came into the kitchen while I was making lunch and was very upset. She kept pointing to her throat and then inside her mouth. At first I didn't understand what she was trying to say, but then once I realized that there might be something wrong, I went into full Mommy mode. I got down on the floor with her and was trying to get her to tell me if she had swallowed something since she's always putting things in her mouth and chewing on them. I had visions of safety pins, magnets, coins, who knows what! She opened her mouth really wide and I peered inside to try to see what if anything is in there. Suddenly, she hiccuped really hard. OH! I nearly cried with relief and then laughed really hard. The hiccups! That was all I was panicking over? Phew! I'm glad it was nothing serious and now I have a funny story to tell her when she gets older. She was so upset about having the hiccups and after lunch when she realized they were gone she did a happy little dance. It was so cute!

Everyone have a happy day!

Ready for the tutorial?  Here it is!  This tutorial uses my Silhouettes Busts and Hair cutting design to stylize the hair and body.  You can stylize the hair and body yourself.  My design just speeds up the process a bit!  After all, you do your kids hair every day, right?  With this method, their real hair can be a wild as they want, and you can make it look pretty with no screaming, yelling, hiding in the bathtub, etc.

Just click on the image below to open it larger.



Time to get crafty, people!

Linked at:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...